Monday, June 29, 2009

Last Weekend...


Last weekend was so fabulous!

Lots of Thanks to my mother-in-law, she took all the kids fishing on Friday and afterwards they had a SLEEP OVER at grandma and grandpa's!! Needless to say, they had a blast! My hubby and I don't even remember when we had all night to ourselves. We ate out and had nice conversations without any interruptions. Strolled around an open mall to just browse. We never ran out things to talk about and it is nice to remember what is like to be a "couple" once in a while. Not, a Daddy and a Mommy.

The next day, we spent sometime together, and then I went out with my friends to celebrate two of their birthdays. It was fun! We are all busy, but it is so nice to get together with girl friends to catch up. We ended up stay at the restaurant for almost 4 hours chatting and laughing.

I was also, able to make gifts for my sister. She and her husbund just bought their first home and I've been wanting to send a house warming gifts. It has been a while since I made her an apron so I decided to make an apron and eco bag for her.

My sister loves simple designs. She doesn't do bold colors and fussy designs. So, I just picked a simple plad fabric.

The eco bag is reversable. I tried to make two diffrent looks with the same fabrics.

  

The apron is actually my most favorite style. It's a very simple pattern and never goes out of style; I have been using it for years.



I hope she will love them.

Last weekend was so nice. I felt like I rested a lot(mentally), reconected with people I love and accomplished a lot. Thank you again Mom, I didn't know that I needed that.

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, and I love the gifts you made for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag and apron; you are a sweet sister. I'm so glad that you got some relaxing time with Aaron and that you could reconnect with him! You really deserved that, Sachiko; considering how much you do for others, it was time to do something for yourself! Also, thanks so much for posting the letter to Rachel. I want to show it to Vanessa; it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented!! The bag and apron are great! So glad you had such a good time last weekend! It is nice to be able to be away from the kids for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some relaxing couple time with Aaron! Missed you Sunday! Hope all is well. Love the bag, love your endless string of talents, love that give 110% to your church calling... but mostly, I just love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bag and apron! My husband and I really enjoy those times togeth. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute apron. I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these gifts! Great job. Visiting from ASPTL for DIY.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin